Friday, February 8, 2013

Wheelbarrow Ridge Track - Webb's Creek

Lobelia gracillis  (no common name)
.I've become aware of one thing over the last few weeks during this second half of summer around the Sydney sandstone habitats, as well as it being hot there isn't a lot of things flowering. As this is my first year of doing this blog it may be just this years season that has been affected and normally there are things out everywhere. I know that I won't get what I get if I stay home but it's been sometimes hard and not all that pleasant trudging around in the (usually) hottest and most humid part of the day to only find the same plants that seem to flower all year around. You will notice from the videos that I didn't do this outing all by foot.
One plus though, it saves me a lot of hours researching through the 1500 native plants around the Sydney district to find out what I have photographed.
The next few weeks I will be trying to find cooler climes, wherever that is, or gardens that get more regular water than those growing in our not as well watered local Sydney sandstone.
Click here to see all photos from today.


Actinotus helianthi  -  Flannel Flower



Actinotus helianthi - Flannel Flower
Acacia linifolia. - Flax-leafed Wattle
Lomandra obliqua  -
 Fish Bones/Twisted Mat-rush.
Growing in an old tree stump.
Caesia parviflora  -  Pale Grass Lily
Dampiera stricta  -  Blue Dampiera
Eucalyptus gummifera  -  Red Bloodwood
Gumnuts, Yellow Bloodwood
Isopogon anemonifolius  -  Broad-leaf Drumstick
Cymbopogon refractus  -  Barbed-Wire Grass
Pimelea linifolia ssp. linifolia  -  Slender Rice-flower
Scaevola ramosissima  -  Purple Fan-flower / Snake flower
Geebungs
Getting there.
 
 
 
 
 



FEATHERS, FUR and FANG. Some Of The Wildlife Seen Today.
(there wasn't much!)
Fly

Lace Monitor, Goanna


Tadpole

Posted by Picasa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment