Friday, July 19, 2013

Catching Up on a Rainy Day. 19th July 2013

A rainy day, with thunder-storms predicted, kept me at home and indoors today.
To keep with the flora Friday theme I thought it might be a good time to update one of my other blogs, Sydney's Wildflowers and Native Plants. So here is a sample of the plants I added today.
 
Thelymitra ixioides  -
Spotted Sun Orchid, Blue Sun Orchid.
The sun was out that day.
 
The weather map this morning.
 
Prasophyllum elatum -  Tall Leek Orchid.
 
Podolobium ilicifolium  -  Native Holly, Holly Leafed Pea.
 
Hakea dactyloides  -  Finger Hakea
 
Philotheca buxifolia  -  Box-leaf Waxflower.
 
Bossiaea scolopendria
 
Prostanthera ovalifolia  -
  Oval-leaf Mintbush, Purple Mintbush.
 
THIS WEEK IN THE GARDEN:
I still don't have a name for this little winter flowering bulb.



Violet


A double Jonquil.


Felicia amelloides  -  Blue Daisy, Blue Marguerite.



I'm sorry but that fur cap is just a little too small.
Magnolia
Azalea


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment